Thursday, February 11, 2010

Simple grapevine Wreaths

I love a simple wreath,.and a grape vine wreath is my fav. They brings and instant inviting warmth, and are a quick and simple way to decorate.  Also once the holiday is over you take it down and pack it away.
I like simple and easy!!



My followers will end up noticing that I will have a wreath for every holiday. I get that from my mom she calls me and we tell each other about our wreaths and how we changed them around..lol

3 Tips for great wreath

1. Take your time picking out the base, grape vine is great but they are never perfectly shaped and can have alot of broken vine tucked in here and there, you want a strong one.

2. When choosing a ribbion try picking the wired kind. It willl be eaiser to place.

3. When adding nick knacks to the wreath, us the basic design rule "add in odds".
for example, look at my valintine wreath, I have 3 decor elements, a ribbion, a sign, and the hearts.
Then I have 7 hearts.




7 comments:

  1. Hi, new Friday Follower.


    Come visit me at mom-et-al.com


    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to link up at Follow Me Fridays. Already following just wanted to say hi and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute wreath! I may make some valentine cookies today to get in the spirit!

    ~Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Project.
    Happy Friday Follow!
    Holly
    www.504main.blogspot.com
    www.hipweddings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from Follow Me Friday. Love the wreath, super cute!

    http://nepastealsanddeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! stopping by for a Friday Follow.

    Lovely wreath!

    http://www.capricornsoapco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there...visiting from Friday Follow. It's just my second time but I am loving it. Such memories...sharing and talking about wreaths with mom. Thank you for that!!!

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete